Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Winter Veggie Patch


A good friend gave me these metal obelisk out of her garden. I think they look great with their fresh coat of black paint.

That is celery on the left, beans around the base and silver beet on the right. I have zucchini and broccoli in the back ground. My vegetable patch does well but long term I would like to move it along the lawn to the right as it gets shade at this time of the day in winter, really this position isn't perfect.

I have been trying to decide if we should have raised beds next time but they don't look as nice. So far I have had good luck with everything I have grown at ground level and I don't have a problem bending over.



These are my peas I planted a few months ago. The vines are just starting to get pea pods forming. It is so exciting I love fresh peas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerry,

    Welcome to the world of blogging!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete