Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Greenery Instead of Flowers

I love Greenery Instead of Flowers. Partly because flowers are expensive and never seem to last but mainly because I just love the look of greenery inside.

 

I often pick Viburnum Odoratissimum but this is Lilly Pilly from the hedge in our front garden. Even if you don't have a garden you can buy greenery for inside. It lasts so much longer than flowers. Viburnum will last months indoors and even starts to grown roots inside the vase if it is in a light room. It is a favorite of florists for this reason.


These leaves are Gymea Leaves and I bought these at the Florist. They will last approximately 4 weeks or more depending on how fresh they were when you bought them. I love these because they give great height to a low lying area like our TV cabinet. 

Gymea Leaves are often used as the height element in floral arrangements and look great with flowers around the lower area but I also like them just by themselves in a tall vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment